Monday, January 29, 2018

OMG January Crossroads quilt


My January challenge for the One Monthly Goal of Patty's Elm Street Quilts was to start the Crossroads quilt in the original colours. I fell in love with it when the Fat-quarter shop announced this QAL. Now that I work with the fabric my love grows. The fabric is so nice to work with. Also, as I really enjoy quilting I have added some useful tools since to help me. The batik crossroads quilt was cut on a super small cutting mat, and I have since upgraded to larger one. What a difference this makes. I thought I would aim to cut the fabric for two months, with the hope of cutting a third month. Happy dance as I cut the fabric for the five months. I decided to take half an hour a day to cut, or even 20 minutes, one colour at a time. And then of course I had to fulfill my goal and cut the background fabric for the first two months. I ended up cutting for I don't know how long and finished for all five blocks. Happy dance again.



In addition my machine is back so I can start sewing. Well that, is once I have access to my sewing room. We are having isolation work done in the room behind my sewing room to make it in to a bedroom for our eldest. So this week and maybe one day next week before all the work is done and we can move the furniture back in to the room. After that I can bring order again in my sewing room, get rid of the dust and start sewing.

2 comments:

  1. It is always a nice feeling to get ahead with the cutting.....then it is sew, sew, sew. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are ready to go. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete