Friday, January 5, 2018

OMG January


It is the beginning of the month, and it is OMG planning time again. Patty from Elm Street Quilts continues the One Monthly Goals and I love participating. It helps me finishing off projects and be inspired with all these lovely projects other quilters make.

For this year my main quilt project is making the Crossroads quilt from the Fat Quarter Shop in the original version. In 2016 I participated in the Quilt A Long using African fabrics and was really happy with the end result. So I allowed myself to purchase the complete package.

Unfortunately my sewing machines are not functioning (one is easily 33 years old and in desperate need of a servicing, the other one of 23 years old has a sizzling pedal and needs to be repaired) so my OMG challenge for the month of January will be to cut the fabric for at least two set of blocks. A bonus will be if I cut a third set of blocks. In February hope to have at least one machine fixed for the sewing of the first two sets of blocks.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty fabric. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous goals! You made me remember that I have the Crossroads Quilt kit in my stash--my sister gave it to me as a gift. I have been pondering a new project to start and this may be the perfect one. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure, go for it, there is a dedicated FB page also

      Delete
  3. I love the Crossroads quilt! I do not have the kit and wish I did. I wish you well on your goal.

    ReplyDelete