Monday, January 22, 2018

New recipe 2: Lemon cake with creme fraiche


I had made goulash and still had creme fraiche left over. I did not want to throw it out, nor eat it straight out of the pot (I so love the taste of creme fraiche and I so should stay away from it due to my lactose intolerance). Baking with creme fraiche is the perfect way to use it up and I went online to look for a recipe. I came across a recipe for a Lemon and Crème Fraiche Cake at Honest Cooking and decided to give this cake a try.

The original recipe calls for 1 cup of creme fraiche, however I had easily 1.5 cups of creme fraiche and adjusted the recipe to:

Ingredients
3/4 c vegetable oil
3 eggs
vanilla sugar
1/4 c of lemon juice
1 3/4 c of sugar
2,5 c of flour
1 sachet of baking powder
1,5 c of creme fraiche

Preparation
Mix the oil, eggs, vanilla sugar, juice, creme fraiche and sugar
sift flour and baking powder ad add to the mixture
Bake 60 min at 160degrees C(or longer as needed)

The taste was delicious, the kids loved it and took a slice to school as their after school snack


No comments:

Post a Comment