Monday, December 3, 2018

OMG December - Diving in




For a few months now, easily, have I been postponing and putting off the basting and quilting of my Bella Skill Builder quilt. I finished the top ages ago ..... it was my OMG of last year November ..... so now no more delaying.

I wasn't sure how to tackle it to be honest. The top is pretty large and I have never FMQ-ed such a large beauty. I practiced on several small quilts to get familiar with my new machine and with FMQ in general. Still I wasn't sure how to go about, what patterns to choose or if I should use rulers. Well, as I don't have any rulers that part was quickly solved.

Patty from Elm Street Quilts sends out news letters, in one she had a link to a tutorial on how to make a spiral design. The moment I had read the post, I knew this is what I should do. The spiral would look good with the graphic design of the different blocks.


My One Monthly Goal for December is to spiral quilt my BSB quilt and make the binding. I can then gift the quilt to my daughter (finally).

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goal. This quilt will look very nice with a spiral or spirals. There is a lot of movement in the quilt and the spiral will accent that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are choosing a spiral design - your quilt is awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete