Monday, December 31, 2018

Poncho


My last finished project of the year, the poncho. I needed a crafty something to take along in the plane, for my trip to Nairobi, Kenya and to Jakarta, Indonesia. Still not done, I took it with me to the Netherlands early December, the flight was very bumpy and it kept my hands busy. Rather knitting than showing my kids I was not at ease. It worked, they did not notice a thing and while knitting I could tell them that we were doing fine.

I was almost done after my family trip, just needed some 20 rows of knitting. They were done rather fast. Last night I sewed all parts together and am ready to wear it to the office after the holidays.

The yarn I bought on-line when I had to buy two balls of yarn to finish my cognac colored cardigan, after all, only ordering two balls and paying postage was not really cost effective. The pattern and yarn were sold as a package, and it went straight in to my shopping cart.

The yarn is from Filato, Lana Grossa, Allegro made in Italy. I knitted with two strands at the same time and used a circular needle size 8 mm, 80 cm. The pattern was pretty simple, knit two rectangular pieces and sew these together.

The end result is a very colorful poncho that will look nice on a pair of black pants or jeans.


Linking up with FAL 2018, project 6 of my list, 7 out of 10 done.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! Congrats on the finish and on behalf of the entire FAL crew, thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting the FAL, am happy with my funky poncho

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete