Sunday, December 30, 2018

Cognac coloured cardigan


In December 2017 I bought lovely recycled yarn in a shop in the Netherlands. Already that summer I had eyed the yarn (Lana Grossa, Solo Lino), however was not sure if it would go well with the silk fabric I had waiting to be made in to a skirt. So when I went to the Netherlands again ended up buying the necessary yarn (well, I was one ball short). I started knitting, shortening the front and back panel to compensate that I was 50 gr short. Then knitted one sleeve and realized I was not going to make it, not enough. While in the Netherlands over summer (2018) went back to the shop, and none available. Went to the site of the manufacturer and out of stock. In October the yarn was available again and I ordered two balls. Meanwhile I had knitted the two sleeves top down, at least if there was a colour difference, it would be the same for both sleeves.


The aim was to finish the sleeves and assemble all before Christmas, which was the case. Am quite happy with the cardigan and the yarn used. I will definitely be making a cardigan with this yarn.


Linking up with FAL 2018, quarter 4. Project 5 of my list is done. Five out of ten, not bad am halfway and still have 10 days left to see what I can finalize.

No comments:

Post a Comment