Friday, June 30, 2017

Project 26 Confiture rouge


My family loves home made jams and marmelades. One of our favourites is the "confiture rouge" or Hungarian jam as my special jam book calls it. Years ago I bought the "Larousse des Confitures", an excellent collection of tested and yummy recipes. Actually I bought the book in June 2004 as I had written this inside the book.

The Hungarian jam is a combination of red fruits and I use whatever my garden grows. As not all fruits are from the same season I freeze what becomes available and when I have a moment make this jam. This year includes cherries, red currents, black berries, red berries, white currents. I made a total of 5 pots which should last a few months. Fresh fruits are being frozen for next's times batch.

I use one kg of fruit, 800 gr of sugar, juice of 1 lemon and 100 ml water. Cook it all until right consistency.

12 June

No comments:

Post a Comment