Monday, June 5, 2017

Project 21 A baby quilt and "One Monthly Goal" Challenge


Time to make a baby quilt. In July we will be in the Netherlands and one of my nieces will have her first baby. The family has a lot of knitters so no point in knitting something. A quilt it was going to be.

One of my favourite quilting blogs is the FQS blog. Not sure how they do it, each time there are so many ideas and so many lovely fabrics to choose from. And many free patterns. So while eating my lunch behind my computer I was reading and looking for ideas. I chose to make the Layer Cake Pop a great way to use my stash of fabrics and make a colourful baby blanket. The pattern is for 20 blocks for a large quilt measuring 48 by 60inches. My baby quilt consists of 12 blocks.

Last night while looking at other BSB quilters I came across the blog Elm Street Quilts by Patty. I immediately just loved her posts and oh so dangerous as I see all these lovely quilts.

It turns out that a group of bloggers decide on one quilting goal each month

I need to join them, this is exactly what I need to finish my baby quilt. The idea is that we choose a goal, blog in the beginning of the month and a second time at the end of the month when we are done and show pictures.

My goal for June is to finish the baby quilt, i.e. to choose the backing and quilt all together before the end of June. Ideally the binding will be done as well.


For me the big challenge will be of course finishing the quilting, more so using my new walking foot and try free motion quilting using my embroidery foot.

4 June

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the One Monthly Goal link up. It's a beautiful quilt and it will be wonderful to see it when it is quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you joined OMG! That is a wonderful quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete