Friday, April 30, 2021

April goals and country side walks

 The end of April is here and it rains. We had some very nice days in April and we went for a walk past Sunday. I bought my self a simple watch to track my steps as am not walking enough. There are still days that i don't walk enough, but now I can see how much I did manage to do. With the kids at home I spent quite a few days in the office (special permission as still in pandemic mode) and these are the worst. I am locked up in my little office and definitely don't get a lot of steps done. I do get a lot of work done.

 

We tried a new path close to our house, the kids had already walked there with the school; however for me was a first and I seriously enjoyed this walk. 

 

I never get tired of views on the lake


 

On the creative side there were burst of activity, some days none at all and other days progress. In the end, I managed my goals. Accomplishments are good - especially at the end of the month.

My very very pink skull is finished. Last night I added the binding - and took a picture, Clearly more pictures need to be added (and taken) to show this beauty. I am trying to improve my quilting and looked at many different sites, bought a book, joined an on-line course and still have a lot to learn. I also know that I love quilting with my walking foot and work in (more or less) straight lines. I decided to only outline the pink areas as they are busy enough. To add value to the pink and that the skull stands out more I filled up the negative space. In the grey are I followed the lines of the skull, adding lines and lines, stopping to see what else was needed. The black area is in horizontal and vertical lines. Daylight pictures to follow.


I also made progress on the Harmony quilt. I so enjoy hand sewing, a different mind set and pace for sure. A separate post was written on my progress.

 

Linking with Patty at Elm Street Quilts' April's One Monthly Goal

 

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete