Sunday, April 11, 2021

Harmony hand sewing in spring

Hand sewing has never been my thing. For a few years I watched the hand sewing QALs organized by Patty at Elm Street quilts and  Kirsten at Simple.Handmade.Everyday... from a distance. Not having time was one reason not to join, not being a big fan of hand sewing played a mayor role as well. This year I decided to jump in ... and I love it. There is something so soothing about hand sewing!! 


 

And now I am all caught up in the QAL; buying the pattern was the first jump, the biggest jump was to start. And then the realization that I actually like this. I have this little thread catcher I made a few weeks ago. Turns out this is perfect to keep all the notions together so I can carry my hand sewing project all over the house.

The four corner units are done - am making the wallhanging as a first step. Although I might make a cushion. And then who knows, I might try to actually make 4 blocks for a quilt. But that is something for the summer as a holiday project.

 

As part of the slowing down went for a walk this Sunday morning before the rain would come. Spring is here and trees are blossoming everywhere. Definitely one of the advantages of living in the country side.



 Linking up with Patty over at Elm Street Quilts for the 11 April check-in.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment