Monday, December 30, 2019

Ross blanket Block 5


Finally all the crocheting is done for my Ross blanket designed by Catherine Bligh. The yarn used is Stylecraft.

I finished the first block (8 little blocks) in August 2017 and last night finished crocheting block 5, existing of four rectangulars.


I had already done block 6, the middle square. On the Facebook group where the CAL was hosted, some first made block 6 and crocheted the four rectangulars directly on the large square. The advantage of being behind (and now very very behind) is the tips from others.


The next step: weave in 678 ends; maybe a little less as I did weave in some as I crocheted. Still many to tackle, 10 ends a day will take me over 60 days, too long as I will get bored (again) and I really want to finish this blanket.

So will time myself as I start weaving in ends to challenge myself and get this part done and over with.

And then on to learning a new skill: crocheting all parts together. So maybe in 2020 I will finish the blanket, ideally before August 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment