Monday, December 30, 2019

Best of 2019




Several years I have seen the "Best of" invitation passing by organized by Cheryl at Meadow Mist designs and was not ready to participate. This year decided to jump in and challenge myself. My quilting skills have improved and looking back I am happy with the quilts I made.

My best of 2019 ....

Crossroads quilt
The Crossroads quilt was part of a quilt along organized by the Fat quarter shop in 2016, I first made the quilt with African batiks. I loved the pattern and the colours and offered myself the full pack. I started in 2018 and finished early 2019. Love the combination of the different patterns and colours.


Tiramisu quilt
A project I fell in love with and now that I have finished this beauty all the more happy.


Black & White table-runner
A friend of me had given me a quilt book a few years ago. This year I finally made her a quilt in her favourite colours. She has now changed the colours in her apartment, or I should say, she added colours. A new quilt is in order, although she asked me to make her a mosaic for her 30th wedding anniversary in 2020.


Twin quilts: Marzipan quilt in two colours
I made two Marzipan quilts, one for my youngest in marine blue colours and one for my niece in PIP colours. I used some of the left over fabric from the marine blue quilt in the PIP quilt, as well as some fabric from the lamp I redid in S bedroom.


Both turned out completely different even if the same pattern was used.


2 comments: