Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Merry Christmas with Tiramisu


Christmas is here and so is my Christmas Tiramisu Quilt.


Am really pleased with the result and so is Sindbad my cat, he clearly approved.


It took me a few months to make the quilt; dividing the work in steps allowed me not to panic and move from one step to the next. I had quite a few adventures along the way: I did not have enough red fabric to make enough flying geese. I contacted Shabby Fabrics and they kindly sent me a strip to make the remaining 5 flying geese. Then I mixed up the strips for binding and the first border, found out in time so no problem. Always double-checking before cutting and sewing helps.


Once my top was finalized I was not sure how to tackle the quilting. With my sewing machine I was never going to have a beautiful design, at least not with my current skills. This is one of my aims for next year, on small quilts ......

Through the blogging community I have been following Rachel from Stitched in Color who moved to the Netherlands and continues her quilting business from her new home. She was so kind to reserve a spot and off went my quilt to the Netherlands. As I was celebrating Sinterklaas with my kids in the Netherlands, I had the quilt sent to my family's place and took it back in my hand luggage.


The quilting is a Christmas Holly block motif at the center, surrounded by a swirly holly leaf pattern. The border is the Evergreen tree pattern, adding to the Christmas look. I could have never done this myself, next year will definitely reach out to Rachel again.


Last week I finished the binding and since this weekend my Tiramisu quilt is adorning my sofa.


Happy dance around the Christmas tree.

With the quilt finished I have completed my December OMG organized by Patty at Elm Street Quilts. I have been participating since June 2017 and both this year and last year participated each month. I love her blog, the inspiration from other bloggers is great and it keeps me on track. Looking forward to my next creative year!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt and thanks so much for nice comments about my blog! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete