Monday, December 30, 2019

Christmas napkins


The 24th of December was a hectic day; I worked the 24th and we were given the afternoon as of 2PM. Once home it was a race against the clock to get our food ready. In France the main diner is eaten the 24th in the evening, sometimes followed by a full late lunch on the 25th. For our little family we take it easy, big diner the 24th and left overs (lots of left overs) the 25th.
Our diner the 24th included home made gravlax, oysters, shrimps, escargots, fois-gras, turkey stuffed with dried fruits and celery, as well as green salad with cheese. Our desert was a Genoise (rolled), fruit salad and a real Mary Berry home made Christmas cake (made weeks in advance).


We had a brunch on Christmas morning with Christmas stollen (forgot to take a picture), fruit salad (lots left over from the previous evening), jams and cheese.

The quiet time after the hectic 24th felt weird. What better way then to take some time for myself and do something creative. I had left over backing fabric from my Tiramisu quilt. Last week I had bought some red fabric with tiny white flowers/snowflakes. As I did not have time earlier, now was going to be a perfect moment.

I used the pattern and video made by Donna at Jordan Fabrics. They are easy to make and I can see many more in my future using different fabrics, maybe making an Easter version, or Christmas gifts for next year with matching place-mats.


The end result are these cute napkins. I folded them not as narrow as the pattern asks for. Not yet sure which I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment