Saturday, January 4, 2020

OMG January - dear dottie


Last year I had ordered some rules including the ruler to make the drunkard's path ruler. In December several bloggers and IGs were hosting a QAL making the #deardottiequilt. I decided to join to try out my new ruler while waiting for my quilt to be long-arm quilted. The pattern used is from Rachel at Stitched in color. Her pattern uses a smaller version of the circle so I tried to make smaller units by cutting strips of the required size. The ruler is perfect for finishing up scraps of fabric, however as I had to make strips to ensure all units were the same small size, I needed larger scraps.


In December my small quilt was 4 x 4 blocks and a cute wall hanging for my daughter's room. It turned out a bit smaller then I had hoped for. No problem as this will be my perfect January OMG project hosted by Elm Street quilts.


I cut another 32 quarter-circle units, I still had plenty of background units and sew these together. I have now 32 sub-units waiting to be sewn in blocks and consequently in strips.


My aim for this month is to finish the 8 blocks, sew these to the small top already done, add a border and finish the quilt. The small deardottiequilt will be a wall-hanging covering the trap to the attic that is in my daughter's room and providing isolation at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. These are fun. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete