Tuesday, August 20, 2019

A finish - Pip Marzipan quilt


Happy dance, I finished the marzipan quilt in Pip colours for my niece. It feels good to actually finish such a big quilt. Without talking about the progress I make. The more I quilt, the more I get addicted and the better the end result is.


Last month was a crazy month with travel to Rwanda for work, picking up the kids in the Netherlands on my way back and work. So it was the first time since I OMG-ed that I missed the deadline.

Kigali, Rwanda's capital was a surprise to me, a pretty big city with quite some high-rise buildings. When I landed, the surroundings were as I expected, Savannah with huts and houses. However as we approached the city ... lots of traffic and houses and small shops.


The first day of our meeting we finished in time to visit a market close by the hotel. I bought some nice souvenirs including two hand woven baskets and two necklaces made of coconut shell.


I almost bought another Djembe, almost, as it would not fit in my suitcase. The sound was really good .... however I already have two and my eldest also has two ..... next time I bring a bigger suitcase .....


And of course I managed to bring some fabric home .... I could almost start a fabric shop with all my African and Asian batiks.

Back to my marzipan quilt: My niece wanted a quilt with blue, not too much pink as she was done with the pink princess phase. I had a 5" stacker Hello designed by Amanda Herring for Riley Blake Designs. For the back ground I used fabric bought on-line . I did not have enough 5" squares in the pack to make 12 squares, so I used some fabric from Slava's marzipan quilt. Plus fabric from his lamp that I had covered.


I quilted in the round and the end result is this beautiful quilt in soft blue and pink with patches of brighter colours. Am really pleased with the result. I had shown pictures to my niece of the top and she was happy with the colours. Am looking forward seeing the quilt on her bed.


Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal for August over at Elm Street Quilts.

Now on to some knitting for the rest of the month before I start my next quilting project.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete