Friday, May 31, 2019

Lamp & curtain blues


As part of the make-over of Slava's bedroom, I wanted to redo the lamp. I had bought a lamp at Ikea a few years ago upgrading from the Winny the Pooh lamp and had covered it with African batik matching the curtains and Alexei's quilt. Now that Alexei has moved in to his own bedroom, I painted the walls in blue to match the Marzipan nautical quilt I had made Slava.

Time to change the lamp as the yellow colours clashed with the rest. We bought fabric over Easter and the lamp was made in no-time.


I cut 55 cm of fabric (width of fabric), sew the short edges and made two small tunnels on each side.


As the African fabric will no longer be needed as a lamp (most likely will make some cushion covers) I re-used the elastic and pulled it trough the tunnels. Covered the metal frame et voila, the lamp was covered again.


and the lamp matches the rest of the bedroom. Next step .... change the curtains ....


update:
I made matching curtains and Slava's bedroom has now completely transformed in to this super blue and white bedroom


Linking up with 2019 Finish-a-long quarter 2 and the
Project 6 and 7 (2 out of 7) done from my list

No comments:

Post a Comment