Monday, May 6, 2019

OMG May Marzipan in Pip colours




Now that all my three kids have their own quilt, time to expand.

I started making the marzipan quilt for my niece in Pip colours. When she visited me last year she choose the design (the same design I had planned for my youngest). The quilt had to be in blue. I decided to use blue as the background colour and work with different brighter colours Pip studio style. Pip is a dutch designer mixing blue with pink and greens and flowers and birds.

As I started making the half square triangles I was not sure if this was going to work out, ohh the agony of doubt. However, once I started playing with the HST, the colours looked nice together.


My aim for the One Montly Goal of May organized by Patty at Elm Street Quilts is to finish the 81 HTS in to nine blocks. The fabric for remaining three blocks will be chosen once these nine blocks are done and I have a better idea what colours are missing in the overall picture.

1 comment:

  1. Happy HST making. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete