Tuesday, April 2, 2019

OMG April Marzipan and cactus


The month of April has a food theme I realized as I had to type a title for the blog post. It is OMG setting time again and decided for this month to go for two projects. Simply because I have time this month and because I have a reason to celebrate.

My main aim for the OMG April is to finish the marzipan quilt for my youngest. Next week I will have a few days off and will use the time to repaint his bedroom. Up to a year ago he was sharing the bedroom with his older brother. The theme of the room was sunny walls with African fabric used for the curtains and lamp, and the quilt I had made for my eldest. The room is now for him alone and time to give it a new theme: Marine/sea life. In May I can then redo the lamp and make new curtains. The advantage of living in an old farm house is that the windows are small, the curtains will be done fairly quickly.


My second project will be a bonus project. I had bought this cute book "Hygge" last year with Hygge projects including cactus projects (and yes one can eat cactus - hence the food theme).


My daughter had made one of the cactus cushions as she is learning to sew. Earlier in March, Patty of Elm Street Quilts had written a blog entry
about the blog hop for the book "Text It! - Quilts and Pillows with Something to Say" by Sheri Noel - playing and quilting with words. We were invited to comment with the word we would quilt and I chose "Cactus" to quilt on a cactus cushion. Happy dance when I learned that I had won 2 large spools of Aurifil thread. So now no escape, I will quilt myself a cactus cushion if time permits.

1 comment:

  1. Love the projects and congrats again for winning the thread! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete