Monday, April 29, 2019

OMG April finish - Cactus and Marzipan


My main aim for the OMG April was to finish the marzipan quilt for my youngest.
As I had a few days off early April I worked in the evening to finish the quilt. During the day I painted his bedroom walls in blue. The result was really nice.


My bonus project for April was to make a cactus cushion with the words "cactus" written on it. My daughter is learning to sew and she made one cushion.


And I made one as well.


For the letters I used my Scan&Cut. I had not used it for a while and thought that this was the perfect moment to see if it still worked, which was the case, simplifying cutting the letters.


The result for April OMG is the Marzipan quilt completely finished AND my bonus project. And I managed to redo the lamp hanging in his room. While on Easter holiday went to visit the yarn store to buy some more yarn that I so not needed. However as the owner is a lovely young woman, who of course needs to be supported in her new efforts, I buy yarn. She had this lovely fabric, my youngest agreed to the fabric and when back from holidays the lamp was done in no-time. A separate post will follow on the making off.


Linking up with Patty's April One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Cute cactus! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete