Monday, April 8, 2019

Nautical marzipan quilt


I was amazed with myself this time, and yet maybe should be more amazed with my new sewing machine. The top of the nautical marzipan quilt came rather quickly together. For several reasons: the blocks are large, they are all the same layout so I did a lot of continuous sewing and I plan more time for myself when working on a project. What also helps is deciding what to make and finish in a given time, this really allows me to stay focused and get going on a project.

This quilt is for my youngest, he choose the design and the colour blue. He loves water and scubadiving, so when I saw this fabric on Higgs and Higgs website, I knew this would be perfect.


For the back I ordered matching fabric on-line, cute tiny dots on a marine blue background.


For the actual quilting I decided to make a spiral as it is easy and not complicated as the top is pretty large. I installed myself a few evenings at the kitchen table (empty and large) and concentrated on the spiraling.


Last weekend all that was left was the binding.

The nautical quilt looks great, my youngest loves it. The next step is re-doing the walls in his room, changing the fabric of the lamp to a nautical theme and choose the fabric for the curtains. This is the dangerous part, I should have ordered when buying the background ........ A good thing I have a few days this week at home to focus on painting the walls and choosing fabric.

Linking up with FAL 2019 Q1. This is project 5 from my list, 4 out of 5 done. Hurray.

Thank you lovely ladies for organizing this challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Four of of five is a lot to be proud of. On behalf of the 2019 FAL Hosts, congratulations on your finish and thanks for participating

    ReplyDelete