Saturday, December 30, 2017

Project 54 Place-mats


As part of my stash busting efforts, thought it was a good idea to make a few sets of place-mats as Christmas gifts. Original and personal gifts using African batiks. If then the recipients would not like them, well then they could either give them back and I would gift them elsewhere, or they could gift them to someone would appreciate them. It turned out my SIL liked the two sets I made her (2 green and 2 pink). The two for her daughter will find their way in February as she did not make it to her grandparents' house this year.

I finished them in time, wrapped them and then realized I had forgotten to take pictures. So I ended up unwrapping the smaller package to take pictures, rewrapped them, thinking I would take the other pics the 24th at night. Only to forget again and asked my SIL to take a few pics.

The place-mats are my contribution to OMG December of Patty at Elm Street Quilts.





I started making place-mats for ourselves using Christmas, and finished the top sides. And then my machine started acting up. The pedal became very hot and started making sizzling sounds. Not a good sign I think. Had to abandon them. I demonstratively put them in a plastic bag along with the remainder of the Christmas fabric .... something for next year. Next steps: bring away my two sewing machines, one is in desperate need of a servicing after 25 years and a repair of the pedal that stops and goes as it pleases, the second also needs pedal repairs ..... as I am not comfortable with a sizzling pedal. Are they telling me it is OK to go look for a new machine that allows for quilting ....

1 comment:

  1. Place-mats are such a nice gift. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete