Sunday, December 10, 2017

Project 52 Bread basket


Months ago I bought a wired basket to keep the bread in, all it needed was a fabric basket to decorate it and keep the crumbs from going all over the kitchen. This "all" took forever. If it wasn't for the bag-it challenge from Elm Street quilts, I don't think I would have made it this year. In the end it did not take me a long time to make the breadbasket using the pattern from ESQ. It has some glitches as this was the first time I tried to make a basket. The next ones will be better, for next year aim to make a few, smaller ones though.

I used African fabric from my stash (Woodin) for the outer side and brown cotton for the inner-side. I used batting to give the basket some thickness and end up doing some FQM to make the basket a bit sturdier.

I am submitting this for Patty's bag-it challenge (just in time).


10 December

1 comment:

  1. I love this project = such a great idea. Thanks for sharing as part of Elm Street Quilts Bag It.

    ReplyDelete