Saturday, October 30, 2021

OMG November

Towards the end of the year there is always this rush to finish projects. And at the same time there are so many quilt-alongs going on. And of course the different SWAPs ongoing. I love the swaps and have been pacing myself as between a hectic job, the family, crafting for myself I just don't have the time to participate in a lot. Not if I want to make something nice. I have received some very nice swap gifts this year and they deserve their own special blog post.


 

My November OMG will be to finish my #tqswinterswap organized on IG by Janelle @tinyquiltswaps

A few years ago I bought a book from Jen Kingwell "Quitl lovely: 15 Vibrant projects using piecing and applique" and I had yet to use this book. The last chapter is dedicated to cushion covers and I decided that before the year is over I had to use the book. 

 I choose two patterns from the book and will make two different tops:

One will be in Christmas colours and prints


 One is more sober in winter grey tones


When both are finished I will ask the IG group for a vote and send the final winter swap gift in December. 

And the other cushion cover/mini quilt will be for me. 

What I really like about these swaps is of course making something for someone else according to what they indicated. I ended up challenging myself with some new techniques.

My OMG for November is finishing both miniquilts/cushion covers

Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment