Monday, September 27, 2021

Color Jolt QAL

September was a good crafting month .... and not yet finished ... am on a roll.

 

I finally finished my quilt - binding and all. 

 

This quilt started somewhere Q3 or 4 2020 and the top was finished in November 2020. I sandwiched the top earlier this year and somehow just would not progress. This had to change. I added finishing this batik beauty to my OMG list in the hope that this would push me to finalize. I had to add this to another challenge (the wips-b-gone list - 100 last days of the year challenge) to get going. Having a finished top laying around more than one year seems to be a too long.

I had started with straight (more or less) horizontally accross and then some more vertically across. And then the little block ... no idea what to do with them .... nothing seemed to inspire .... so decided to quilt diagonal lines, using one of the diagonal sashing as the basis and work across.  Up close, the quilting looked awful .. to me and I almost threw the quilt out. Took a deep breath, layed the quilt on the floor and stepped back .... and loved it again ... from 2 meters away the total looked good. 

 With new energy finished the quilting and the binding three evenings later.


 The backing is solid purple and some African batik.


Linking up with September OMG from Elm Street quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete