Wednesday, January 6, 2021

January OMG Pink, pink and more pink

 A new year, a new month and a new OMG.

 

 

 

Last year I cut many three inch squares, mostly in pink some grey and black. The daughter of a friend of mine loves pink and skulls. So when I saw the pattern for a bright pink skull in Make Modern magazine issue #35 I knew I just had to make this quilt.


The quilt pattern made by Velda Roy was inspired by a quilt made by Paul Leger. I decided to make a combination of both colour ways. Bright pink for the skull set in a grey setting and a black background. Velda used pink in a white setting with a grey scale background, Paul's is bright colours against an all over black background.

This is the first time I make a pixel quilt and like the idea. Of course my kids want one too ... Let's see first how this one turns out.

Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts.



No comments:

Post a Comment