Friday, October 9, 2020

Quilt Along By The Sea Segment 2

 Do I need another project? Maybe not, however ....... I fell in love with the Quilt along by the sea block 2 a cute turtle on "Slice of Pi Quilts" web page. No idea how I found this blog and "re-found" the page and started looking around on her site. And then I found the turtle ... the QAL was already well on its way. I decided to participate using scraps only. There are 12 blocks to make each clustered in segments of 4 blocks.

The QAL is organized by a group of designers and each making their own versions of the blocks:

Abbie Danahy @ Sparkle On!
Becca Fenstermaker @ Pretty Piney Quilts
Jennifer Fulton @ Inquiring Quilter
Karen Thurn @ Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats
Laura Piland @ Slice of Pi Quilts
Sherry Shish @ Powered by Quilting   
Sandy Maxfield @ SandyStar Design

 

I finished segment 2 the blocks, some of this work is completely out of my comfort zone as have hardly any experience with applique and paper piecing. However as I only use stash/scraps am not too worried about re-doing some of the sections.

 

Block 5: Head or tails - I really enjoyed making this block and am quite happy with the result




Block 6: Stars at sea - left this one as the last as some pieces were so small, realized that one of the small stars is not very visible.

 

 


 

Block 7: Waves - I might end up adding some turtles to this block - will decide when all blocks are ready as this one add some still part to a potential very scrappy quilt




Block 8: Mariners' compass - for one or the other reasons, part A went well, part B I had to re-do several times. The block turned out too small, so will make a small border as a frame.








No comments:

Post a Comment