Monday, October 5, 2020

OMG October - Deconstructed pinwheel

 OMG time of the month .... among all the projects floating around both in my crafts room and in my head ... which one shall I work on. 

 


For this month my aim will be to finish the deconstructed pinwheel quilt top. I found the tutorial online (Missouri Star Quilt company) and decided to give this a try, the pattern seemed not that complicated. All I needed was one layer cake and background. I had a layer cake that I bought years ago and over summer had bought some unbleached cotton that matches nicely. A layer-cake is a stack of fabric (10" by 10") usually 42 pieces ..... this may differ ... according to online research. Well, that explains it ... my layer-cake included only 39 pieces. I started cutting 36 sheets and figured I would complement with some solids. 


A lot of cutting was involved in preparing all the smaller pieces. When I laid out 36 little pinwheels having only 6 rows in stead of 7, I thought that the center piece looked good enough. I might end up with some leftover little blocks, and can always convert these in to a matching cushion cover.

 Linking up with Patty's OMG October at Elm Street Quilts


No comments:

Post a Comment