Saturday, October 31, 2020

Deconstructed pinwheel top

One of my goals at the beginning of the year was to make quilts using fabrics I have. In September I made a Christmas themed quilt from my stash (OMG September). For the backing I had to buy fabric as did not have enough. For this quilt likewise, I used fabric from my stash, except for the backing.

My October OMG was to finish the deconstructed pinwheel top. I had bought a layer cake eons ago when I ordered fabrics in the US. Now was the time to use it and I had seen this video made by Missouri star quilt company. I really liked the effect. I had bought a few meters of unbleached cotton a while ago which matched perfectly the layer cake. Quite some sewing and cutting was involved, and I enjoyed the sewing only to cut up again.

The end result is great. And will definitely make this one again. 


 

For the backing I bought a terry cloth - no idea if this will work so next step will to make a sample. Am thinking of either quilting circles or straight lines.

 



Linking with Patty at Elm Street Quilts and the October OMG.

1 comment:

  1. Fun quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete