Friday, October 4, 2019

OMG October - Tiramisu step 2


My latest challenge is to make the Tiramisu quilt by Christmas. I chopped the process up in different steps and omitted step 2 in my planning. So adjusting my timing to making step 2 in October. Ideally I make a head start with step 3 ....


Step 2 is making 160 flying geese, i.e. drawing diagonal lines on 360 little squares, sewing 80 little squares per setting - not mixing up the fabric and cutting, cutting 80 triangles per setting and sewing on the next batch .... ironing in between ......


The fabric is lovely, a mix of shiny prints with more sober prints. The combination that made me just want to make this. As I will be cutting a lot triangles was wondering if it would be worth the effort to make two lines of stitching, thus when cutting the waste fabric would already be sewn together and making it in to a pillow much faster and actually getting done.


For now sticking to making the 160 flying geese as part of my OMG for October organized by Patty at Elm Street Quilts

1 comment:

  1. Love geese blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete