Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Tiramisu Christmas quilt step 2


My aim for October was to make 160 flying geese. I thought it was going to take me forever ...... and in the end the process went faster than i could have imagined. But then, this is the first time that I really tried serial quilting. In a few evenings I cut 320 little squares and 160 rectangles.

I love working with the fabric, it is sparkly, it is beautiful .....

From previous quilts where I had to cut of triangles, I ended up with lots of little triangles, so wanted to sew two lines across.


It did make sense and now have lots of little squares that will be easier to handle than the little triangles.


In a few evenings I sewed in series 320 little squares on 160 rectangles.


And as I was on a roll decided to get ahead of myself and sew the 160 flying geese two by two - part of step 4 of assembling the block.


Linking up with Patty of Elm Street Quilts as my October OMG. Feeling good!!

On to step 3 - making corner blocks

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete