Thursday, September 26, 2019

Tiramisu quilt part 1


In three months it will be Christmas, or to be precise, it will be boxing day and the hecticness of preparing a Christmas diner will all be over. I love Christmas and enjoy the period of getting ready. Last year I made placemats for our Christmas diner and this year will make a quilt. If I plan well I should be able to get this done in time, so breaking down all the steps is needed:

step 1 - cut the fabric (done in September)


step 2 - sew 160 flying geese
step 3 - many corner squares
step 4 - assembly of the blocks
step 5 - basting (one day)
step 6 - quilting (two days)
step 7 - binding (one evening)

By calculating backwards .... step 5 - 7 could be my December OMG goal, leaving October and November for step 3 and 4.

So 160 flying geese over 20 days - 8 geese a day, that should be feasible.


I better get started drawing diagonal lines on 320 little squares!!!!


The good news is that so far I am on track and step one of my September OMG organized by Patty at Elm Street Quilts is done. It turned out that I did not have enough fabric. So either I use another fabric that is close or assemble scraps and have a few flying geese with lots of seams. Food for thought ......

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the fabric cut! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete