Sunday, January 27, 2019

Black & White tablerunner


My friend, who bought a new apartment last year, gave me one of my first quilt books. So, ever since I wanted to make her something. First, of course, I had to learn how to quilt .... well at least quilt properly. After a lot of practicing it was time to make her something. In Black & White as these are her favourite colours for her interior.

Her kitchen in the new place was already in Black & White colours, simplifying the colour choice. As it is her birthday this month, thought it would be nice to make her a table runner, that she could also use in the kitchen. In B&W of course.


I used black fabric that I combined with my African B&W batik and some white fabric. For the pattern I used the "Lazy angle" block. This block I made as part of my BSB quilt. Making it in B&W should give some nice contrasts.


The end result: a table runner with 5 Lazy angle blocks, the sharp contrast makes the pattern really stand out. And a happy friend.


Linking up with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for the January One Monthly Goal.

Linking up with FAL 2019 Q1, project 2 of my list, 1 out of 5 done.

2 comments:

  1. SO pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift and such a versatile color palette. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2019 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete