Wednesday, February 6, 2019

OMG February A quilt for my youngest


My youngest needs his own quilt. I had made one for my eldest, one for my daughter and so far my youngest did not want one. He just wanted to use my Mexican blanket. I did buy some fabric of course, in blue colours with sea animals. Shall I make you one? No. OK. And then this fall, I put my batik BSB quilt one evening on his bed as he was cold. Couldn't find the Mexican blanket. And he loved the light weight of the quilt. Shall I make you one? With the blue fabric? Yes, please.


He choose the Marzipan quilt from the book The Cake Mix Quilt book designed by Sew Emma at the @fatquartershop.

As the book does not come with the pattern measurements, the idea is that one buys the recipe cards separately, at first I was not sure how to move forward. I read again, and thought, oh well, lets just start. So I cut a bunch of 10" squares.


My One Monthly Goal for February is to make the top of the quilt, i.e. cutting the fabric, sewing the blocks and and assembly all of it. This is organized by Patty over at Elm Street Quilts and thanks to this, I actually end up quilting something every month and making progress.

Not sure how far I will get as I will travel the second half of February. And this quilt will be machine quilted so cannot bring it along. Am thinking I should start the hand pieced QAL, as it would be a perfect airplane project.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete