Monday, October 29, 2018

Silk red jacket


There are projects full of frustration and we are only too happy when they are really done. Today I told a friend of mine at work that I managed to finish this jacket after three years of struggling, that most likely I would never wear it, that I undid the jacket many times, that every time everything went wrong and that yesterday I declared the jacket ready. I can wear it so it is ready. Will I ever wear it? No idea, maybe never, ever ever. My friend congratulated me. She understands!


And as I had not finished this jacket I could not move on, it was hanging in my crafts room, reminding me to be finished, daring me to finish it. So each time I worked a bit on it and now hurray hurray I can take it off the my to-do list. I don't know how many times I wrote down on a list "red silk jacket". The relief is real.


My father's wife offered to finish it for me, and I refused. I had to be the one to finish it.

I made a list on my blog off a few projects that needed finishing as part of the Finish-A-Long – FAL 2018. The finishing of this jacket is number 1 on my list and the second project that I finish as part of my list.

Linking up with FAL 2018, project 1 of my list, 2 out of 10 done.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on persisting with it, the result is brilliant! Struggling with it may have coloured your joy, but this looks so lovely it would be a pity to leave it in the wardrobe now... Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts!

    ReplyDelete