Monday, October 29, 2018

Alesya's scarf


Alesya wanted to learn how to knit, she asked a few times for some needles and yarn. So we went to the store and bought her some Katia paint self grading yarn. I started the shawl, 40 stitches would be good and off she went, she would do one row and I would do 2 rows, knitting only, no purling. And then I realized that the scarf would take her too long to finish. So we unraveled and I made her the scarf on the Bond. I had not used my Bond for at least a year. But she worked and loved the yarn. In no-time the scarf was done.


I had set up 80 stitches, knitted until the end of the yarn cake, transferred the scarf to needles and bind off by hand. The shawl was folded lengthwise in two, sewn together and closed off at both ends. The end result is a nice thick warm scarf that will keep her warm this winter. She will still need to learn how to knit, a smaller project though. Maybe a hat, either by hand or on the Bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment