Sunday, August 27, 2017

Project 35 BSB blocks 7 August


I love reading - however this week no reading for me. The August block of Bella Skill Builder is waiting for me. As I "chop" my larger projects in smaller projects to get them done - I "chop" the different steps for each block as well. So one afternoon I cut the fabric and then later in the week I sit behind my sewing machine and sew the pieces together. My iron board and iron were never used so much since I started quilting. I never liked ironing, for quilting it makes the sewing definitely so much neater if ironed.

To make sure that I would finish the August block in time (and my July block as well) I challenged myself. I signed up for the One Monthly goal of Elm Street Quilts. That block is addictive and so inspiring. All these gorgeous projects out there .... I need to keep on reminding myself that I have too many projects waiting (or in progress) and I should finish first what I started.


I liked making the blocks, the August ones are bigger than the other months. So with the same amount of work I ended up with two big blocks. And ideas are flowing ..... maybe one quilt using earth colours.... how many quilts can one have .....



Am happy that I finished my objective for August finishing both the July and August block.

26 August

1 comment:

  1. I love those big blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete