Tuesday, March 5, 2024

February finish

 For February not much plans were made as I had planned a holiday to the US to see some friends and to go to QuiltCon2024.

I did manage to finish the binding on my Rise Above quilt. The pattern is from Charisma Horton and the indications are quite clear. 


The top was finished in 2022 or 2023 .... and realized that this quilt was soooo large ... I had not paid attention to the final size ..... 

I bought the batting and ordered extra wide backing and prepared the three layers for quilting on my machine. As I was to start I realized that there was no way I could quilt such a large quilt .... a 10 minute discussion with my self followed ... to decide that this top was going to the long arm quilter. I removed all the basting pins, separated the three layers and sent all off to the Netherlands to Stitched in colors.  

The quilt just needs a label and will be gifted to my eldest who turns 18 this month. He claimed it as a birthday gift

No comments:

Post a Comment