Wednesday, December 7, 2022

December aims and November finishes

December is here, the Christmas tree is bought, ideas were running around .... and 7 days in to the month not sure where to start and what to finish. In October and November I managed to finish a third block of my TP Sunrise EPP quilt

 


as well as my mini quilt as part of the tqs-white elephants quilt swap, based on my railfence quilt I made in 2020 ...

So for December at least .....

1) Slow stitching

I cut the triangles for block 4 - 6 of my TP Sunrise quilt and at least one block will be done by the end of this month. I keep them in a little playmobil suitcase that is no longer used by my kids ...


2) Penguin quilt

Last year I bought the pattern for Elisabeth Hartman's penguin quilt. I cut the fabric - all little pieces and all ... and then never got around finishing the quilt as was sidetracked by other new projects .... Last month started sewing and managed to get the eye and beak sections done ... not that much progress. So the aim is to work on this quilt and at least get the head sections done ..... 



 3) Ross Blanket

In 2017 I started the Ross blanket and somewhere in 2019 finished all block ... and they all ended up in a project bag just waiting. In 2021 I started weaving in ends ... of a few blocks. A few weeks ago decided that if I would not finish this blanket I might as well throw all out ... which would be a real pity of all the work ... so now almost done with weaving in ends ... 5 left out of 40 ... so with a bit of effort and optimizing in-between-time and watching soccer championship .... these blocks might end up being ready for assembly in 2023 .....


Linking up with Patty's one monthly goal for December over at Elm Street Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment