Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August progress slow stitching

This month I surprised myself. We went on holidays and after reading how many crafters bring a slow stitching project along, I decided do deep-dive and start the Sunrise quilt. The advantage is definitely that such a small project hardly takes up any space in my bag. And I don't have to count stitches or rows. 

As I have no clue how to assemble the blocks, other than start stitching together, I decided to sew the triangles in batches for the first block. 

Thereafter started sewing these batches to the dodecagon - we had to look up how one would call a polygon with 12 sides. Simple: dodeca is twelve in Greek - so dodecagon it is.


The aim is to finish one block per month .... otherwise this quilt will take two years. Most likely this will take me at least two years in any case ... 

Linking up with Patty's OMG for August over at Elm Street quilts.


No comments:

Post a Comment