Wednesday, June 29, 2022

June finishes

 Court yard quilt

Once I finished the top of Courtyard quilt designed by Every day stitches, I had to decide for the backing. I was not sure what to do and ended up buying some green fabrics. From left overs I made flower petals and stitched these in a circle and some more floating away.


 The two layers were sent to the Netherlands for long arm quilting (Stitched in Color). I really like the quality of the work done by Rachel. Usually I sent her the tops and she provides suggestions. Choosing is always a challenge – and part of the fun.

Then this week I added the binding and gifted the quilt.

 

A friend of mine said how I was always making quilts and I was most likely building a collection. Actually not that much yet as I end up making quilts that I give away. And each time I give some love with the quilt.

Sock knitting

I started the second sock and knitted an inch. Progress … but not enough as I have more wool waiting to be turned in to socks

Rise above quilt

In June I built the blocks of months 3, 4 and 5. I had cut the fabric over a weekend and then all I had to do was make some blocks each week. I started cutting month 6 so that will be my July objective.

No comments:

Post a Comment