Monday, February 28, 2022

Feathers SAL February finish

My feathers top is finished. And she is a beauty. The pattern is by Alison Glass and Nydia Kenhle. And the fabric is from Alison Glass bought as a kit and a selection from different Sun Prints, Ellipse and Cross Stitch.

 


Those colours - so vibrant - if shipping and taxes had not become so expensive I could just buy kilos of the Alison Glass fabric. Why was I so slow in discovering this fabric line?

The pattern calls for paper piecing - and I do like the precision of the final product. The high waste factor is a minus .... and so is removing all the paper. Maybe some more folding of the quilt and the different paper pieces might make it easier to remove. I managed to keep up with the schedule of the sew-a-long and finish in time

Or maybe I should have Sindbad roll a bit more all over the quilt to soften the paper ...


Linking up with Patti's OMG for February over at Elm Street Quilts

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors. This is going to look great when it's done!

    ReplyDelete