Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June finishes

Halfway the year 2021 and am making a little dent in my projects to be finished - only to get side tracked by new projects, ideas .....

On the knitting front I almost finished a pair of socks, both are done and the only pending is finishing the toes with the kitchener stitch of both socks. Maybe because I don't really like the yarn ... not difficult to knit - just not what I expected. My favourite sock yarn is definitely West Yorkshire Spinners. And I have some yummy colours waiting for me.

I did finish a scarf for my youngest - he choose the colours .... and that was it ... supposedly he was going to learn how to knit himself .... another day/year ....

I started a scarf for the eldest which progresses nicely, no thinking required and can be done in front of the tv  and this is one of those "no-rush" projects. 

On the quilting front my OMG finishes for the month are:

1) Harmony hand pieced quilt

This wall hanging really turned out nice. My daughter wants it for her room, so this will be either a wall hanging or a sort of curtain. I thought of turning this small quilt in to a sewing machine cover, so will need to make a new one for myself.



2) Catching up with the Sewcialites QAL

I was pretty behind and made 10 blocks this month and worked on the lay out. I managed to do more that planned which is always a bonus. Another month will think about the backing and the quilting, although I definitely want to have a finished top next month. For the FMQ part am thinking of maybe straight lines diagonal across and that will look nice with the diagonal lines of the HST.

 

 
 



I cut the grey blocks and the grey/yellow HST and played a bit with the lay-out




I think I like the second layout best - so that will be my finish for next month.


Linking up with Patty's June OMG at Elm Street Quilts.









1 comment:

  1. Love your Harmony finish! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete