Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Harmony hand pieced quilt

 Ta da!!!! My first hand sewn project is finished, what an accomplishment. The good part is that I really enjoyed the slow pace of hand sewing. Still quite a few things to learn, such as precision when using the paper templates - or actually - next time make carton templates for more precision.


We had some nice weather over the weekend so I managed to make some nice pictures.



My cherry tree is a good model for quilts.


For the quilting I tried to be a bit more adventurous and used the design to guide the FMQ and not straight lines or a circle. This is still not my thing .... and a good thing I went for the wall hanging size. Although now that the quilt is finished am very pleased with the result.


Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts and Kristin Esser at Simple Handmade Everyday. Thank you for the lovely pattern, explanations and motivation.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful finished quilt! Thanks for sewing along with us. Good luck in the grand prize drawing.

    ReplyDelete