Sunday, August 30, 2020

Five quilted postcards sent (6 made)

This month I participated in a postcard swap organized by Sparklestash. We were to send out five cards. This was a perfect OMG for August as I had planned to take some time away with the family. In a few afternoons I made the cards. I used the instructions from Patty over at Elm Street Quilts - in 2018 I participated in a postcard swap she had organized. 

Card #1 East meets West

These are all African Batiks from Kenya, Tanzania and Nigeria


Card #2 Symphony in green

Green fabrics from Mali, Ivory Coast, US and UK


 

Card #3

For this card I used fabric from African designer Woodin, this one I bought in Burkina Faso (years ago)


 

Card #4

For this card I also used fabric from African designer Woodin, bought in Burkina Faso. This is one of my favourite fabrics - unfortunately not much left of the 6 yards bundle. 


Card #5

Initially I made a card with Indonesian batik, and did not like the end result. So decided to make a new one using Tula Pink scraps. Liked the result up to the moment that I was going to use my overlocker to trim and sew the edges - she decided not to collaborate .... grrrr ....

On instagram (where we all had our "own" group of postcardswappers I raised the question which card was better .... the Tula Pink card won. One my co-postcardswappers suggested I do a zigzag stitch covering the overlock stitches. Still not convinced with this card, just could not make a third card as card #5 ....


Card #6 the not-sent-card

One card stayed at home .... not sure yet what I will do with this one ....


Linking up with OMG August at Elm Street Quilts.



1 comment:

  1. Great cards! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish. And I'm glad the tutorial was helpful! That was a fun swap.

    ReplyDelete