Monday, April 6, 2020

OMG April - confinement quilt


I started a new quilt - I will call it my confinement quilt, obviously because I am making it while confined. Unfortunately I won;t be able to finish the quilt as I have no backing and shops are closed. The fabric shop where I sometimes go has an on-line shop - however closed as well. The little shop recently discovered close to where I buy my veggies - closed as well.

I bought the pattern last year from Shabby Fabrics - the fabric used is the Tula Pink All Stars collection. The colours are awesome.


The pattern calls for a black border and am not very convinced yet. The black border does make the colours stand out, so maybe I will just make a small border - or a very small border and a colourful outer border.


I have cut now all the triangles and strips.


I have made the strip sub-units. Next step is to sew the sub-units and cut these up.


My April OMG will be to finish the top - yes an ambitious goal, but am stuck at home. Not much time during the week between work, homeschooling three kids, ensuring three meals a day ... the weekends I reserve time for myself. I had these great ideas of using my commuting time for craftsy things .... so not happening.

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts and the One Monthly Goal for April

1 comment:

  1. Fun fabrics. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete