Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Adventures of my Christmas tiramisu quilt


My quilt top is having adventures.

Earlier this year I offered myself the Christmas Tiramisu quilt from @shabbyfabrics. From the first time I saw the video I knew that one day I would buy it. With Christmas coming up I wanted to get early in a Christmas mood and started the quilt. I made the planning of the steps, I planned how much progress I would need to make each month and off I went.

I followed the instructions of cutting and ohhh not enough of one of the fabrics. I was 5 strips of 2.5 by 5 inches short. Lucky for me they still had a tiny little bit left and sent this to me. I staid on track, making all the flying geese and the corner units. So far so good.


My aim for November was to make all the blocks. I did more and finished the top. However, in my enthusiasm I used the fabric for the binding as one of the borders. There went all my extra progress. Over two evenings, while supervising my kids homework had to undo the two borders. And on the third evening sew all borders back on, in the right order and with the right fabric.


Meanwhile was wondering how to do the actual quilting. What motif would do justice to my beautiful quilt? I had never used the services of a long arm quilter before ... don't know of anyone offering this service here in France, there are no quilt shops in this area and I doubt there is a long arm quilter in a 300 km radius ........

For quite some time now have been following the blog "Stitched in color". I enjoy reading the work with colors on show, the adventures of an American in the Netherlands, seeing my home country through the eyes of a creative mind is fun. And the quilting services are outstanding from what I could see. I jumped in and asked Rachel to take my quilt to the next step. Off it went by mail. And now need to be patient.


Happily linking with Patty's One Monthly goal for November at Elm Street Quilts. Two steps closer to finishing my quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete