Monday, May 28, 2018

Project 14 CRQ 18 Chain blocks


The chain blocks are the last blocks in the series of blocks for my Crossroads quilt, I needed a total of 18 blocks. I love the red colours of this set. Even the brown colours come alive with the reds.

I divided the work in different sets of tasks, making the four little two-coloured squares first. Followed by the center part. It had to have a scrappy look, knowing myself I had to bring in some order. I choose 4 different colours for the centerpiece, used two for the opposite sites of each square and did not plan the other two. How adventurous. It took me a few evenings to finish the 18 blocks, and was happy to finish them this weekend.


I am happy to say that I met my One Monthly Goal for May. It included both the Intersection and Chain block. Thank you Patty from Elm Streets Quilts for keeping me on track.

26 May

3 comments:

  1. lovely fabrics - I am really motivated by one monthly goal as well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I would be so much slower without the OMG :-)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete