Saturday, January 28, 2017

Project 20 Block 1 House Block


2016 Crossroads Quilt Along

I fell in with the Crossroad Quilt from the Fat Quarter Shop. Only I have never made such a quilt and no idea if I could do this, would see it through and actually like it. The advantage with this project was going to be the handouts that are shared each month, the videos explaining how to go about and the facebook page specially dedicated to this. All the information on the quilt can be found at http://fatquartershop.blogspot.fr/p/crossroads.html
So in order to keep my self going each block is considered a project in itself. Georgeous kits are sold with all the required fabric in one package, however purchasing the kit was not an option, also because I still have so much fabric. A whole collection of African Batiks from Woodin, modern designs, thick good quality cotton.

As I did not have enough different fabrics I played with the colours and the different patterns. Three different fabrics looked like six different ones. After all I wanted to use my African Woodin fabrics and complement with solid colours. I organized my fabrics and the instructions and started with the first one.


The Crossroads Quilt Along benefits March of Dimes, an organization whose mission is to prevent premature births.

The first block is the house block, 4 cute houses.


http://www.fatquartershop.com/media/blog/Crossroads/Crossroads-Download-1-FabricRequirements.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment