Saturday, January 28, 2017

Project 1 Green shawl


Last year I knitted a green cardigan and had ordered way to much yarn. What to do with this .... mmmm ... good question. As many crafters I wanted to make handmade Christmas gifts. If only I had more time, more hours in a day, ...... Started knitting a shawl on the Bond. Skipping each 3 needles - three needles. However my Bond did not agree to this. So, knitted one continues shawl, dropped three stitches with three kept on the needles. In order not to loose all the work, I hand knitted two rows at the end before binding off. Same for the side where I started knitting. Removed the waste yarn, knitted two rows before binding off. To finish I crocheted two rows around the shawl; one row single crochet and one row doublecrochet (US terms). Finished it all the first of January ready to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment